Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thing 8 and Thing 10

I've set up my delicious account. It was way too easy and too quick. I like the idea of being able to access my favorites from wherever I am regardless of whose computer I may be using, but I am having trouble managing my delicious account. First, all of my bookmarks transferred over which was not my intention. I tried deleting some, but see that they haven't deleted. I've tried setting up tags and I've spent a couple of hours now working on that, but for some reason I can't seem to get a tag to register. I'm not sure I want delicious on my home computer yet, but there it is, and I don't know how to get it off. A couple of my coworkers have expressed the simplicity of delicious, so I'm feeling rather intimidated with less than average intelligence at the moment. I also tried creating a document on google docs, but don't understand how that one works either even though my fellow teacher and classmate raved about the ease of google docs and how much she loved it! So, there here I sit, trying to manipulate these programs, going round and round, going nowhere. If I had a smartboard at work, I might be a bit more excited about these programs. Anyone out there willing to help me out with a grant for one?

1 comment:

Jim Dornberg said...

I think your colleagues are the first people to ask for help with the problems you are experiencing. Also try the help or support sections on both websites. Just as in real life, experience is the best teacher. After you've worked out a few problems on your own you'll feel more confident when confronted with future problems. That's the nature of technology-- sometimes you have to fly by the seat of your pants.